The residence in this Meridian house wanted to install an extra 400~ sq ft. of birch. The birch was ordered and delivered a week prior to installation to acclimate it to the house climate. The wood was laced-in by taking some of the old wood out and then “lacing-in”. With this method you are unable to see where the previous and the new wood meet. Once installed all the wood was refinished. You need to refinish all the wood when installing so that there is no lips or color difference from the previous wood to the new wood.
Our sanding process for birch:
- 40 grit belt sand for the new wood and lace in areas
- 60 grit belt sand the full house
- 80 grit edge the full house
- 60 grit trio to fully flatten the floor
- 100 grit trio the full house
- 100 grit orbital the full house
- wet-tac the floor
- 1st application of finish of waterbased
- 2nd application of finish of waterbased
You can see the end product below:
The end product was absolutely stunning. The homeowner had the highest of praises for the A-Max team that installed and refinished this project!